Geese are among the largest birds in North America. Gathering in large groups, geese can destroy landscapes and leave behind a lot of waste. Geese repellent methods are often harmful to the birds and the environment or just don’t work. Finding an effective way to remove geese can be a challenge, but there are plenty of options out there.
Determine Why They’ve Arrived
Geese didn’t choose your property just to annoy you; they’re there for a reason. Geese aren’t very afraid of human interaction, and a common reason they’re on your property is because there is a food source. There are, however, many other reasons as to why they reside on your land, including:
- Large, flat areas of land creates a safe area for them to gather and raise their young.
- They’re being fed by humans (commonly occurring in corporate office complexes).
- Large bodies of water on your property naturally attract them.
Implement A Method of Removal
Once you’ve determined why the geese are on your property, you can create a plan for removal. It’s highly likely that cutting off their food source won’t work, considering a lot of them feed on grass. There are a few ways to deter them from your property such as:
- Restrict access to water sources– Geese are waterfowls, so setting up barriers around bodies of water that prevent in and out access can deter them.
- Plant tall shrubbery- Geese become uncomfortable when they don’t have a clear line of sight. Break up their line of sight by placing tall grasses, rocks or shrubs on your property.
- Setup decoys– Decoys work great both on land and in the water. Just move them regularly so the geese don’t become aware they’re fake.
- Apply liquid bird repellent– Liquid bird repellents can be sprayed on nearly any surface and can permanently rid your property of geese.
SEE MORE: How To Handle Unwanted Canadian Geese
How To Keep Geese Away With Avian Migrate
Whether geese are causing severe damage to your property or are leaving behind their droppings, it’s time to send them packing. Avian Migrate by Avian Enterprises is a non-lethal liquid bird repellent that is not only effective but also produces long-lasting results. Composed of food grade ingredients, the liquid deterrent can be applied by spraying or fogging. Applications last up to two weeks and can cost as little as $12.50 per acre of land. Don’t let geese be party-poopers on your properties any longer.