Pigeons are a common problem in both major cities and suburbs. While the environments may be different, methods of prevention are essentially the same. There are popular methods for both prevention and removal you can use without causing damage. Understanding the issues at hand will be beneficial in solving how to get rid of pigeons.
Why Pigeons Prefer Your Property
Discovering why pigeons are choosing your home or property is the first step in answering how to get rid of pigeons. Finding out what attracts them to your property is helpful to know what needs to be removed or blocked off to keep them away. Birds will generally reside for one or two reasons:
- They found your attic or garage to be a warm place to live.
- Your property offers a regular food source (crops, barn feed, etc.)
Eliminating any potential food sources and closing off access to potential nesting areas is the first step in pigeon removal. However, this may not always keep the birds permanently away.
Physical Methods of Pigeon Removal
There are many physical methods of pigeon prevention. However, these can appear as an eyesore from a homeowner’s perspective. These tactics can be seen at all times and may take away the aesthetic of your home. Physical bird removal methods include
- Steel screens. Block off small holes around your home that birds can maneuver through.
- Decoys. Predator statues are a common way to deter birds while doubling as decor.
- Reflective objects. Use reflective surfaces to scare birds away (reflective tape, old CDs, windchimes).
- Netting. Protect your crops that are attracting hungry pigeons to your property.
- Bird spikes. Block off common landing spots for birds to prevent them from nesting.
If you’re researching how to get rid of pigeons without any large physical objects, chemical methods could be a better fit for you.
Chemical Methods of Pigeon Removal
The word chemical can sound scary and potentially damaging when dealing with your home, crops, or pets. Fortunately, most chemical bird removal methods are harmless to pigeons and non-toxic to you and your pets.
Chemical methods work by irritating birds’ pain sensory systems. Once they come in contact with a chemical deterrent, pigeons will remember that your home is not a comfortable place to stay.
How to Get Rid of Pigeons with Avian Fog Force
Don’t let pest pigeons continue flocking to your home. Avian Fog Force TR offers an effective, time-release chemical bird repellent perfect for eliminating unwanted birds without impacting your home’s visual appeal.
- Prevents pest birds from damaging crops, business and airport structures and golf courses
- Non-lethal and mild enough to use around people and animals
- Low cost treatment–as little as $12.50 per acre!
- Simple application via ground, aerial spraying or fogging
- Effective for up to two weeks for outdoor applications–and much longer for indoor!
Solve Your Pigeon Problem with Avian Control
Avian Control is a great method for all bird pest control needs. Whether you need to protect your home, your crops, your business, or your barn from pigeons – Avian Control has a liquid repellent for you.
Avian Control is a liquid bird repellent that lasts up to two weeks and will not harm you, your produce or your animals. Call 888.868.1982 to order or contact us for more information today!