- Pest birds can damage your barn overtime.
- Consider numerous factors when looking for a bird control method.
- Visual displays, noisemakers, barriers and sprays can help eliminate pest birds.
- Stop migratory birds from invading your barn with liquid bird repellent.
As the temperatures begin to cool, many birds will migrate south for the winter. However, non-migratory birds will stay and search for a new, warm place to make a nest. Your barn becomes the perfect place for birds as it is warm, dry and relatively safe. Get rid of birds in your barn with these tips from Avian Control.
Issues Birds Can Cause In Barns
While they may seem harmless at first, birds in your barn can become a nuisance. Overtime, pest birds cause damage to your barn that may be expensive and time consuming to fix. Some of the potential issues caused by pest birds include:
- Damage to interior and exterior walls
- Potentially hazardous droppings around feed or animals
- Loss of feed due to overeating birds
RELATED: Control Birds Around Farm Buildings
What to Look For In Bird Control Methods
Choosing the right bird control method can be difficult. It is important that you find a method that works for your specific needs. Questions to ask yourself when looking for a bird control method include:
- How expensive is the method?
- Is it safe for surrounding humans, animals and crops?
- Is the method legal?
- How long is the method effective?
SEE ALSO: Get Rid of Barn Swallows for Good
Types of Bird Control
There are many different methods you can use to get pest birds out of your barn. Each method uses different tactics to protect your barn from birds. Bird control methods include, but are not limited to:
- Visual displays such as windsocks or shiny objects placed in trees
- Noisemakers such as distressed or predatory bird calls
- Barriers between windows or awnings to protect birds from landing
- Bird repellent sprays
Protect Your Barn With Avian Control
Avian Control liquid bird repellent is safe to use around humans, animals and crops. Our non-lethal formula lasts for up to 2 weeks outdoors and even longer indoors. EPA-registered and non-lethal, Avian Control gets rid of birds in your barn for good. For more information, contact us at 888.868.1982.